Solution for oral administration
Transparent colorless or yellowish solution.
1 ml of the drug contains:
active ingredient: diclazuril – 2.5 mg;
excipient - polyethyleneoxide – up to 1 ml.
ATCvet: QP51A. Antiprotozoals. QP51AJ03. Diclazuril.
Diclazuril is a chemically synthesized non-ionophore antibiotic of the benzeneacetonitrile class. It is effective against all species of eimeriae in poultry (E. acervulina, Е. brunetti, Е. maxima, Е. mitis, Е. necatrix, Е. tenella, E. adenoeides, Е. gallopavonis, Е. meleagrimitis etc.), rabbits (Е. flavescens, Е. intestinalis, Е. magna, Е. perforans, Е. stiedae etc.), cattle, sheep, goats and swine due to inhibition of energetic metabolism processes of endogenic cycle of development of coccidia. Eimeria in asexual stages of endogenic cycle of development ae the most sensitive to the drug.
Diclazuril does not cause any side effects even if the administered dose is 25-50 times higher than the recommended dose.
The drug does not have any mutagenic, carcinogenic or teratogenic action and may be combined with other drugs. It is thermostable, effective in minor doses and does not accumulate in organs and tissues of animals.
Prevention and treatment of eimeriosis in poultry (hens, turkeys, geese, ducks), swine, rabbits, young catеle stock, sheep and goats caused by the following species:
- poultry: hens – E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. tenella, E. maxima, E. necatrix, E. mitis; turkeys – E. adenoeides, E. meleagrimitis; geese, ducks – E. anseris, E. truncata;
- rabbits – Е. flavescens, Е. intestinalis, Е. magna, Е. perforans, Е. stiedae;
- piglets – Isospora suis;
- young cattle stock – E. bovis, E. zuernii;
- young sheep and goats – E. сrandallis, E. ovinoidalis, E. arloingi, E. intricata.
The drug is fed with feed or drinking water in the following doses:
- poultry: 0.4 ml per 1 kg body weight daily for 2 days, which is approximately equal to 2 ml of the drug per 1 l of water, or 1 mg of active ingredient (diclazuril) per 1 kg body weight daily;
- rabbits, young cattle stock, sheep, goats: 0.4 ml per 1 kg body weight daily, which is equal to 1 mg of the active ingredient (diclazuril) per 1 kg body weight daily. Duration of treatment (with drinking water or feed) is 2 consecutive days.
- piglets: 2 ml per 1 kg body weight to each animal individually once.
Do not prescribe to animals with sensitivity to the drug.
Watering the daily dose of the drug with drinking water for at least 12 hours daily. Do not administer to pregnant and lactating animals and laying poultry. The withdrawal period for meat and internal organs is 5 days.
Cardboard boxes with 10 vials of 10 ml, plastic vials of 1 l.
Store in a dark, damp-proof place out of the reach of children at 5-30°С.
24 hours after dissolution in water.