Solution for oral administration
Transparent light yellow solution.
1 ml of the drug contains:
active ingredient: ivermectin – 10 mg;
excipients - polysorbate 80, purified water.
ATCvet: QP54. Endectocides. QР54AА01. Ivermectin.
Ivermectin belongs to the group of compounds produced by soil microorganisms Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin strengthens binding of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) to special receptor on nerve endings of parasites, which results in violation of neurotransmission, paralysis and death of helminths. The drug forms kind of deposition of active ingredient in subcutaneous tissue, ensuring parasitocidal effect for 10-14 days.
Ivermectin is destructive to the following types of parasites:
- nematodes (imago and larvae): Ascaris, Hyostrongylus, Nematodirus, Oesophagostomum, Bunostomum, Strongyloides, Metastrongylus, Strongylus, Trichostrongylus, Ostertagia, Haemonchus, Cooperia, Chabertia, Trichuris etc.;
- nematodes (adult): Dictyocaulus viviparus, Nematodirus, Protostrongylus;
- arthropods: Otodectes, Haematopinus, Sarcoptes, Demodex, Gastrophilus, Hypoderma, Linognathus, Damalina, Solenopotes, Hematobia, Psoroptes, Oestrus, Melophagus etc.
Dehelmintization of animals as well as insect and mite control in cattle, sheep, goats, swine, poultry (hens, turkeys). The drug is used to treat the following parasite lesions:
- cattle: nematodes in digestive tract (adults and larvae of the fourth stage): Nematodirus helvetianus, Ostertagia ostertagі, О. lyrata, Bunostomum trigonocephalum, B. phlebotomum, Haemonchus placeі (particularly, larvae of the third stage), Trichostrongylus ахeі, T. colubriformis, Cooperia реctinata, C. punctata; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus viviparus (adults and larvae of the fourth stage); cavity helminths: Setaria labiatopapillosa (at the stage of microsetaria); skin helminths: Paraphilaria bovicola (mature); larvae of warble flies (of the first and second stages): Hypoderma bovis, H. lineatum; itch mites: Psoroptes bovis, Sarcoptes bovis, Chorioptes bovis; mites: Demodex bovis; louses: Bovicola bovis; lices: Haematopinus eurysternus, Linognathus vituli;
- small cattle: nematodes in digestive tract: Bunostomum trigonocephalum, Haemonchus contortus (mature and adults of the third and fourth stages), Ostertagia сіrcumcincta, О. trifurcata, Oesophagostomum venulosum, О. columbianum (adults and larvae of the third and fourth stages), Chabertia ovina, Trichostrongylus ахei (mature), Trichostrongylus colubriformis (mature and larvae of the fourth stage), Trichuris ovis; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus filaria (mature and larvae of the fourth stage), Protostrongylus rufescens; larvae of sheep botfly: Oestrus ovis (of any larvae stage); itch mites: Psoroptes ovis, Sarcoptes bovis, S. carpe, Chorioptes ovis, Ch. caprae; louses: Bovicola ovis, В. сарrае; lices: Linognathus ovillus, L. реdalis, L. caprae;
- swine: nematodes in digestive tract (mature and larvae of the fourth stage): Ascaris suum, Oesophagostomum dentatum, Strongyloides ransomi (mature), Trichuris suis; lung helminths: Metastrongylus spp.; kidney helminths: Stefanurus dentatus (mature and larvae of the fourth stage); lices: Haematopinus suis; mites: Sarcoptes suis, S. parvula, Demodex phylloides;
- poultry: mites: Knemidocoptes spp.
Treatment of animals against nematodes is performed before stabling and in spring before pasturing, against warble flies – in the end of summer, against agents of arachnoentomoses – as per indications.
Administer the drug orally with drinking water in the following doses:
- cattle, goats and sheep: 0.2 ml / 10 kg body weight (0.2 mg of ivermectin / kg body weight) once;
- swine (particularly – piglets): 0.25 ml / 10 kg body weight (0.25 mg of ivermectin / kg body weight) twice with an interval of 24 hours;
- poultry: 0.04 ml / kg body weight (0.4 mg of ivermectin / kg body weight) once, against arachnoentomoses – twice with an interval of 24 hours.
Do not administer to emaciated animals and animals with infectious diseases. Do not prescribe to pregnant females in a month before parturation. Do not administer to lactating cows. Do not administer to laying hens in 20 days prior to the egg laying period.
Do not prescribe the drug in sub-therapeutic doses.
Do not administer to animals with individual hypersensitivity to ivermectin as the following symptoms may be observed: increased salivations, frequent defecations and urinations, ataxia. The symptoms disappear spontaneously without use of any therapeutic agents.
Animal slaughter for meat is possible as follows: cattle – in 24 dayssheep and goats – in 14 days, swine – in 12 days, poultry – in 8 days following the last administration of the drug. Meat obtained before the mentioned term shall be utilized or fed to carnivore animals depending on the statement of veterinary physician.
Cardboard boxes with 10 plastic vials of 10 ml each, plastic vials of 100 and 1 000 ml.
Store in a dry, dark place out of the reach of children at 5-30°С.