Powder for oral administration
Cream-colored or yellowish -white powder.
1 kg of the drug contains:
active ingredient: decoquinate – 60 g;
excipient - semolina.
ATCvet: QP51. Antiprotozoals. QP51X14. Decoquinate.
Decoquinate is an antiprotozoal compound, which belongs to the group of 4-hydroxyqionoline. It is effective against Eimeria spp. and Toxoplasma spp. Decoquinate inhibits growth of eimeria in the beginning of their development cycle, which causes decrease in morbidity and mortality rates among animals.
If administered orally, the drug makes effect primarily in digestive tract. It poorly absorbs and is eliminated unchanged primarily with feces; therefore, the residues of the drug in blood are minor and are quickly eliminated.
Treatment and prevention of the following Eimeria damage in:
- calves: Eimeria bovis, E. zuernii, E. ellipsoidalis, E. cylindrical;
- lambs: Eimeria arloingi, E. ninaekohljakmovae, E. intricate, E. faurei;
- broiler chickens: Eimeria acervulina, E. maxima, E. tenella, E. necatrix, E. brunetti, E. mivati.
Quinosan® is administered orally in the following doses:
- treatment of eimeriosis in lambs and calves 1.67 kg per 1 ton of compound feed (1 mg of decoquinate per 1 kg body weight daily) for 28 days. The duration of treatment may be extended if required. The drug is mixed with ready compound feed and fed to animals;
- prevention of eimeriosis in broiler chickens 0.333-0.667 kg per 1 ton of feed throughout the whole feeding period (from the 1st day of life). Administration of the drug to broiler chickens is terminated in 3 days prior to slaughter.
Do not administer the drug to female animals (cows, ewes) during lactation if their milk is used for human consumption.
Withdrawal period: cattle and sheep – 0 days, broiler chickens – 3 days. Meat obtained before the mentioned term shall be utilized or fed to non-productive animals depending on the statement of veterinary physician.
The staff involved into any operations with the drug must follow principal hygiene and safety requirements adopted for operations with veterinary drugs.
Packages of film materials of 1 000 g, paper bags of 25 kg.
Store in original packaging in a dry place out of the reach of children at 15-30°С.
1 year; 3 months after original package opening.
3 months – in ready feed.